- All passengers must check-in at the ticket window.
- Please plan on arriving at least one hour prior to departure.
- Passengers must be checked in, with tickets in hand, ready to board, at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
- If you are not checked in 15 minutes prior to departure, your seats will be forfeited and your credit card will be charged for the full amount of the round-trip fare.
- Passengers are to wait in the designated area until boarding is announced.
- Passengers are to hold their own ticket.
- An adult must accompany children under 7 years of age.
- Infants and children must be removed from the stroller before boarding the vessel.
- Ports and vessels are wheelchair accessible.
- Before boarding, passengers must keep their pets leashed and muzzled, or in a proper carrier.
- Catalina Express reports unruly passengers to the United States Coast Guard.
A valid ticket is required for travel as evidence of fare payment. Changes to reservations can be made without charge unless the ticket has been issued. Issued ticket change fee is $5 per ticket, one way. Tickets are valid between ports listed, class of service listed, and other conditions as stated on the ticket. Full fare tickets are refundable for 30 days from the date of travel printed on the ticket. A $5 service charge is applied to every ticket presented for refund. Promotional fare tickets and tickets sold through Group Sales for parties of 20 or more are non-refundable. Tickets are not transferable. Resale of tickets is prohibited.
Safeguard your tickets, there is no travel or refund for lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed tickets. Lost tickets can be reported to Catalina Express ticket window for possible follow up and adjustment after a waiting period and review.
For Your Safety
- Wear soft-soled shoes. High heels and leather-soled shoes are not recommended.
- Pay attention to boarding ramp incline, it may be steep.
- Watch your step. Vessel is constantly in motion.
Cancellation Policy, Terms and Conditions
Passengers may cancel their reservation without obligation, provided they contact Catalina Express at least 24 hours prior to departure and obtain a cancellation number. Passengers who do not show up on the day of travel will be charged the full amount of the round-trip fare.
Alcoholic Beverages - "Zero Tolerance"
ABC Regulations provide that no persons may drink alcoholic beverages aboard vessels unless the on-board snack bar licensee has served them. U.S. Coast Guard enforces a “zero-tolerance” policy regarding illegal drugs on all passenger vessels.
Terms And Conditions
Prices, schedules and terms subject to change without notice in conformance with California Public Utilities Commission Regulations. Round-trip fares include $5 island wharfage fare per person round trip. Fares are subject to fuel and/or security surcharge. Holiday and holiday weekend schedules may vary, call for information. Catalina Express accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen tickets or any cancellations due to adverse weather conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
The Passenger and/or Ticketholder (“Passenger”) AGREES TO ACCEPT AND BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, including those Terms and Conditions found at www.CatalinaExpress.com, all of which are expressly incorporated herein. THESE TERMS AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS TO SUE, THE GOVERNING LAW, THE FORUM, AND JURISDICTION.
Catalina Channel Express, Inc. (“CCE”) reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel or change service, including vessel departure and arrival times, without prior notice or compensation.
The Passenger warrants and agrees that he/she cannot pursue legal suit, action or proceeding (“claim”) against CCE (including its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, vessels, agents, crew or employees) on his/her own behalf or on the behalf of others for loss of life, bodily injury or property damage unless written notice of such claim is received by CCE at its corporate office within six (6) calendar months from the date of loss. Claims for loss or damage to personal property shall be limited to $250 per adult Ticket and $125 per child Ticket. Any and all claims against CCE must be initiated one (1) calendar year from the date of loss.
It is further AGREED THAT ALL DISPUTES AND MATTERS, WHATSOEVER, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PASSENGER TICKET CONTRACT SHALL BE DECIDED BY JAMS (JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES) PURSUANT TO ITS COMPREHENSIVE ARBITRATION RULES. PASSENGER EXPRESSLY WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND ANY RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, EITHER AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER, INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR THE CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS. THIS PROVISION SHALL NOT PRECLUDE THE PARTIES FROM SEEKING PROVISIONAL REMEDIES IN AID OF ARBITRATION FROM A CALIFORNIA COURT HAVING JURISDICTION. THE LAWS OF GENERAL MARITIME LAW SHALL APPLY, OR, IF INAPPLICABLE, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. NOTHING HEREIN SHALL BE READ TO DEPRIVE CCE OF THE RIGHT TO CLAIM LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER DEFENSES AVAILABLE UNDER GENERAL MARITIME LAW. IF ANY TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT IS DEEMED UNENFORCEABLE, THE REMAINDER SHALL BE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.